Skip to content
Advanced Construction of Catastrophe Models
- Advanced considerations in determining model fit to experience given historical experience
- Methods in addressing and modeling hazards not included in CSCR curriculum (e.g. Flood, Tsunami, Life/ Workers Comp, Pandemic, Volcano, Casualty, Cyber, etc.)
- Special vulnerabilities not considered in CSCR curriculum (e.g. modeling for custom classes of business)
- Customizing models to create your own view of risk. This includes frequency customizations and severity customizations
- Communicating customizations to stake holders and third parties (how and why the adjustments were made)
Advanced Use of Models in Catastrophe Management
- Risk measures
- Pricing and portfolio management: risk metrics, use in pricing, capacity and capital allocation
- Cat models and the risk transfer process
- ILW, Cat bonds, Traditional, Hedge fund, etc.
- Parametric, Index, Single/Multi peril etc. and how cat models fit into design, marketing, pricing etc.
- Special considerations related to the use of cat model output in regulated product rate filings
- Special considerations related to the use of cat model output in reinsurance placement and pricing